Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Midnight Lovers

This one is dedicated to all the lovers whom you'll find chatting or talking on phone even long after midnight. 

This is my first try at writing a poem. So please excuse my grammar, conjunction, preposition and 120 other mistakes which I have made to maintain the tukbandi. And I hope the lovers' pain tickles your funny bone. Critical comments are always welcome.


I'm not sleeping in the night,

And I'm dozing all the day.

 

Before I met you online,

My life was just fine;

I'd sleep for 12 cozy hours,

And laugh at other sleepless lovers.

 

But once browsing through the Facebook,

I stumbled upon your account;

And quickly scribbled you a message,

As if you were a treasure I've found.

 

The next 15 hours were dreadful,

I thought you passed the message by;

Refresh, refresh, refresh all day long,

Just waiting for the reply.

 

Suddenly a new mail burst into my gmail,

Though I didn't read the whole body;

The subject said, "You've got message in your Facebook inbox",

I knew that would be you, my dear lady.

 

Your amicable reply started something,

Which I had never dreamt of;

And it surely made me one of those,

Whom I always laughed off.

 

Chatting, SMSes and phone calls, all started,

And would never end before 3;

My dear you can very well imagine,

How would the next day's classes be.

 

But still the first few days were great,

And I felt like a rock star;

I even composed a song for you dear,

Though I haven't learnt to hold a guitar.

 

There on I'd think of you all night,

Even before the calls and after;

My roommate thought I've gone crazy,

And he took me to a doctor.

 

The doctor did blood, piss and many other tests,

And declared me an 'insomniac';

Though I bet you one thing,

It definitely sounds better than a 'maniac'.

 

And now even after you've left me,

It doesn't matter it’s a weekend or a weekday;

I'm not sleeping in the night,

And I'm dozing all the day.

2 comments:

  1. Was staying in b'lore with a couple of guys, one of 'em was this 'midnight lover'. One night, we were all watchin some movie on the comp. (At around 1 am) This guy went out of the house, onto the terrace to talk with his u-know-who. At abt 2, the movie got over and we all went to sleep(locking the doors). We completely forgot abt this guy. Its only at arnd 3 - 3:30 that this guy came back and started banging on the doors. The neighbors, thinking that there was some burglar in the building, called up the police who were there almost instantly. So here we were, all awake, with cops and neighbors in the house, at 4 in the morning. That truly was one night to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOOZOO.. THIS IS REALLY VERY SWEET AND A NICE POEM.. JST LOVE IT YAAR. AND U KNW WHT.. ITS LIKE A HONOUR FOR ME. THNK U SOOOOOO MUCH DEAR.. PLEASURE HVNG A FRND LIKE U :)

    ReplyDelete